• Military Legal Services

      Military Defense

      Courts Martial, Article 32, Article 15
    • Administrative Law

      Administrative Law

      Enlisted and Officer Boards, Separations, GOMOR
    • Investigations


      AR 15-6. Commander's Inquires, CID/MPI
    • Claims & Torts

      Claims / Torts

      Personal Injury, Military Accidents, Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury

    Military Defense Lawyer

    Serving Fort Bragg, Fort Hood & the World

    It’s your right to have a civilian military attorney. The Center for Military Law is on your side.
    read more.

Personal Injury & the Federal Tort Claims Act

Military Personal Injury

If you have been involved in an accident with a military vehicle, sustained an injury on a military installation, received property damage or injury as a result of the government’s action or failure to act, you may be entitled to compensation under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). Many accidents involving a government vehicles occur each year around the Fort Bragg area and most people are unaware how to receive compensation for their damages sustained as a result of the accident.

In addition to accidents, many people slip and fall or receive injuries due to negligently maintained facilities at Fort Bragg, NC each year. The Center for Military Law is prepared to help guide you through the complex process surrounding FTCA claims.

The process of receiving compensation under the FTCA can be quite complicated, as it involves both federal law and state law. If you have a claim that arises at or near Fort Bragg, North Carolina Tort Law will most likely apply. The process begins by filing a claim with the military and it is important to ensure your case for compensation is fully detailed and supported by the evidence. Your claim must meet all the elements of negligence as they relate to your specific situation. You may or may not be compensated during the claims process. If your claim has been denied or 180 days have passed since the filing of your claim, you can then file suit in federal court. In most cases, you cannot file suit in federal court until you have filed a claim with the military and your claim was either denied, or the 180 days have passed. Also, it is important that you move quickly and file your claim with the military before the statute of limitations expires. If this happens, you will most likely be unable to receive compensation for your damages.

As previously mentioned, claims against the military under the FTCA involve a complex mix of federal law and state law, and it is important to seek counsel from an attorney with experience in handling these types of claims and the Center for Military Law is ready to assist with your claim. If you think you may have a claim under the FTCA and you wish to speak with an attorney for a FREE CONSULTATION, call the Center for Military Law at (844) FOR-CFML (367-2365) or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Criminal Lawyer

Criminal Law

Attorneys provided for Courts-Martial, Article 32's, Article 15’s, CID/MPI & AR 15-6 Investigations Commander’s Inquiries & more. Criminal Law

Administrative Law

Administrative Law

Enlisted Separations and Boards, Officer Elimination, Show Cause Boards, Boards of Inquiry, GOMORs and other Administrative actions.

Tort Law

Tort Law

We represent civilians and U.S. Military men/women in tort claims against the Federal Government under the Federal Torts Claims Act. Tort Law

Military Investigations


Our Attorneys are experienced in CID/MPI Investigations, AR 15-6 Investigations, and Commander’s Inquiries as well as other Investigations.

Business Hours

Our Legal Team is
available 24 Hours a day
by phone or email
Office Hours:
By Appointment Only
Weekend: Closed

Contact Us

Our Offices

  • Fayetteville Offices

    111 Lamon Street, Suite 122
    Fayetteville, NC 28301

    Jacksonville Office

    200 Valencia Drive
    Jacksonville, NC 28546
  • Serving Fort Bragg, Fort Hood and the World.
    Call: (855) UCMJ –LAW

Military Lawyer Fort Bragg

Need a Military Attorney?